Instead of sitting in my bed and watching movies on Netflix all night, I thought it would be cute to have a Valentines Day party with all my friends. Since we are all broke college students, we had the task to put together a party without spending a ton of money. I put together a little guide so you can repricate our party for $20 or under!
1. Food $10
– Cake, obvi
– Heart shaped pancakes: Breakfast for dinner is everyone’s favorite, so why not make it your Valentine’s Day meal! Make pancakes and use a heart cookie cutter to cut them after they are done. Top them with chopped berries and some raspberry jelly to finish them off.
– My personal favorite snack for V-Day is *chocolate colored strawberries*
–I melted dark chocolate chips in the microwave and then covered my organic strawberries (on sale at Whole Foods)with the chocolate, popped them on top of parchment paper and placed them in the fridge to harden. This is the easiest snack to make, is very perfect for every Valentines Day party and everyone will love you for it.
2. Activities $5
– Makeovers: Everyone loves makeovers. There is just something about testing out new trends and tutorials on each other. Want to take it to another level? Try it blindfolded and have a competition to see who is the worst at blinded makeovers.
– Movies: My favorite Valentines Day movies are The Last Five Years, Valentines Day, Bridget Jones’ Diary, and of course 50 Shades.
– Valentines: I got these adorable animal cards from Jacks Discount Store for only 99 cents! This is a super cute activity to do with your girlies- decorate them and distribute them so everyone knows you care.
3. Decorations $5
– Other decoration ideas: Balloons, flowers in vases, heart shaped confetti, red placemats.
– An easy way to brighten up your room is by writing cute little notes on your mirrors with lipstick! It will surely make everyone at your Valentines Day party smile. I also used pink polka dot washi tape from Michaels to make “frames” to put up some photos.
– DIY Banner: All you will need are felt hearts, or hearts cut out of paper, a stapler, and some string or ribbon. Just staple the hearts onto your ribbon of choice and hang it wherever you want! It looks so cute, is super inexpensive and completely finishes off the whole apartment. Also, you can use the leftover felt hearts to decorate the rest of your rooms.
Happy Valentines Day!! Love you all.