Hey everyone! This is a bit of a different post, it is a get to know me post! I was nominated by Gaby (hello name twin) from The Fashion Faux Pas, to do the “How Well Do You Know Me Tag”. I will be answering 11 random questions that she has come up with relating to fashion, blogging, social media and other random things. Hope this gives you a little more insight into who is behind this blog!
The rules of this tag are to answer the 11 questions that my nominator asked me, nominate 11 other bloggers and to ask them 11 questions! Here are the questions that I will be answering…
1. When did you start blogging and why did you start?
I started my blog a little over 2 years ago in February of 2015 after wanting to start one for years. Although I was super nervous about it, one day I just decided that I was going to make one! I was feeling stifled in my environment and needed a creative outlet that I could control. My goal was to create a place where I felt comfortable sharing things that I love.
2. What’s been your biggest blogging challenge?
My biggest blogging challenge is definitely staying consistent. I have a million different ideas for blog posts and all these goals for my platforms, but I think this sometimes makes me too overwhelmed and then prevents me from posting. It is hard to keep up a blog when your in the middle of school and working and doing a million things, so I think that was (and still is) my biggest blogging challenge.
3. What’s been the most eye-opening moment of your life?
The biggest eye-opening moment of my life has been going to college. I know it’s cliche, but going to college has really taught me a lot about myself, about the type of student/worker I am and about my likes and dislikes. The change in environment has really showed me what I love to do and opened up a lot of questions about my future plans. And it has also allowed me to finally live the life that I want to live.
4. Reality TV – yay or nay?
I would have to say that I don’t like reality TV because I feel like it is completely fake and staged, but I do sometimes secretly watch the Kardashians when I’m bored.
5. What’s your favorite type of music?
My favorite type of music is Broadway/ Musical Theater. Yes I know I’m a nerd.
Favorite cast albums: Dear Evan Hansen, How To Succeed, The Last Five Years, Hamilton and Spring Awakening
6. What’s your biggest blogging win and fail?
My biggest blogging “win” has to be collaborating with Seventeen magazine. Although our collaboration isn’t posted yet (where ya at Seventeen?) it was such a huge deal to me that they reached out to me. I have always read the magazine and it was SO crazy that they wanted me to create content for them. ME!! My biggest blogging “fail” is collaborating with a few brands for the sole purpose of gaining sponsorships. I am not going to name any names, but I have worked with a few brands in the beginning of my blogging journey that don’t match my brand at all. But I think you have to go through that faze to realize what your brand is, and to remember that blogging is about so much more than the brands that you work with.
7. Which social media platform do you prefer to use?
I love Instagram because you can get really creative with it. You can follow me if ya want @gabrielacasella
8. What do you wish you could tell your younger self?
If I could tell my younger self anything it would be to be more outgoing. Public speaking, and even just talking to people in general has always been a really big source of anxiety for me. I have always been a quiet and shy person, but I think if I had forced myself to be more outgoing when I was younger, speaking with people wouldn’t be so hard now.
9. Do you believe in ghosts?!
I don’t believe in ghosts, but I believe that people’s spirits live on after they die and you can feel their presence sometimes.
10. What’s one item in your wardrobe you couldn’t live without?
I couldn’t ever live without my Adidas Superstar sneakers. I wear them almost everyday and they are super easy to just throw on with any outfit whenever i’m lazy. And they are super comfy! I also could never live without my cream Balmain blazer, because it literally goes with anything and elevates even the simplest jeans & t-shirt. I also can’t live without my black Chanel sunglasses because they are such a classic wardrobe staple.
11. Where do you see your blog this time next year?
Hopefully this time next year I will have been posting more consistently and collaborating with some really cool creative people! I’m so excited to see where blogging takes me, especially since I will be back in NYC in less than 2 months!
I chose these 11 amazing ladies to nominate. All of their blogs are amazing, you should def follow them:
- Kara from Fit Chick Next Door
- Holly from Statement Undertones
- Milan from Milan Darling
- Kiteen from Kiteen’s Closet
- Sarah from Texas Sweet Tea
- Sara from Pretty Penny Blog
- Hannah from The Egg
- Melissa from Primp and Prime Beauty
- Nati from Little Miss Nati
- Samantha from The Brunette Blend
- Dani from Danielle Alexandra
You guys have to answer these questions:
- What is your favorite blogging memory?
- What did you wish you knew when you first started blogging?
- Favorite way to edit your Instagram pictures?
- What is one of your goals for your blog?
- Who are your favorite bloggers?
- Do you watch the bachelor/ bachelorette?
- Favorite show to binge watch on Netflix
- What is your Starbucks order?
- Favorite guilty pleasure movie?
- What is one fashion trend you wish would come back in style?
- Mac or PC?